Frequently Asked Questions
As the time passed by more and more members contacted us and we found some of the questions keep repeating. We have collected some of the most common ones and made an attempt to answer them upfront. However, if you still have any question or need clarification, feel free to contacts us by phone, email, facebook, instagram, WhatsApp or in the training hall.
Membership, trainings and payments
That is the benefit of joining the club. You don’t need to worry about co-players, reserving courts, finding a free time and so on. Just pick the timings that suits you and come to the trainings. However, if you have friends then sure bring them along. More the merrier.
For payment, please refer to our membership page.
Regarding when to pay, please refer to Rules and duties of members
Unfortunately NO. Every training session is booked based on the people who have reserved for that day. You need to pick the day(s) in the week and then strive to come on those days. If you miss any of those days, it CANNOT be compensated by coming on other days.
Let us try to answer using some different viewpoints considering that monthly membership fee is based on number of days per week a member has selected to come.
- Consider those members who comes on every possible training in the week. They also have similar situations and sometimes they miss trainings as well. Where and how can they compensate their missing days?
- Consider that club had only has 1 training per week to offer, because that was all available to offer. How would it have worked in that case?
Yes. Let’s try to look from different perspective.
- Suppose that I have ordered a coffee or beer in a café bar. For some reason, I could not drink it and had to leave. Do you think I am obliged to make the payment or not?
Let’s consider health insurance membership. If I did not go to the doctor in a given month because of travel or I was just healthy, do you think I should not have paid health insurance for that month?
I have booked a hotel for 7 days as tourist. I could not travel and did not notify the hotel. Do you think it is ok for Hotel if I do not pay for those days?
If you know your are not going to join, please notify the club 7 days before the 1st of the next month.
We always keep available training sessions updated on our website. You can always call us to know the latest update. You can pick any of the combinations available. Cost per training reduces with more trainings per week you chose for your membership. If none of the combinations work for you, then you can pay per training session as well. However, we always recommend membership as it is much better for club as well as for most members.
You need to have racket, shuttles, good pair of shoes for the hall, bottle of water, maybe a towel. If you are advanced player then maybe a bag to keep all the stuff together.
- If you are just starting for the first time and do not have your equipment, then do not worry. In the beginning all you need is good shoes for the indoor court, a bottle of water and will to play.
- Once you have tried, then you should have your own racket and shuttles. Good shuttles are important to have a consistent and enjoyable games on the court.
Unfortunately NO. just like anything in the world, there are loads of companies that make shuttles. Each come with its own models and variations. At recreative level plastic shuttles are mostly used. If you have advanced your play and want to enjoy the game more then you can start using feather shuttles. However feather shuttles are little pricier.
Recommended shuttles are Yonex 350 and Yonex 2000. You can buy them through the club; just ask in the hall, send a message or an email. Or you can also buy in any shop. Unfortunately, in Zadar there are not many options to buy locally. You can buy them from intersport, e-sportshop , Makspro, Rost-sport or other. There are not many options on internet as well in Zadar/ Croatial!!
NOTE: Recommendation is purely to keep consistency of the games in the club and experience of trying various other shuttles . As each shuttle is different, keep changing shuttles from game to game hinders progress.
In plastic shuttles there are 2 types of colors: shuttle color and shuttle speed color.
- Shuttle color: usually shuttles are in yellow or white. As per the halls, we recommend yellow color for better visibility against white background.
- Shuttle speed color: Yonex plastic shuttles comes in 3 colors.
- Green: Slow speed
- Blue : Medium speed. Recommended, all-round shuttle.
- Red: Fast
Unfortunately, once again answer is “it depends”. We recommend that if you do not have a racket already, then just come and start to play. We can always discuss about racket before you go to buy one.